As the only non-profit that works year-round to provide accessibility modifications and home repairs to the entire Kansas City Metro area, our client list is constantly growing. We have accomplished a lot this past year, but there are more people who need our help.
There are many ways you can support HopeBUILDERS other than regularly volunteering on workdays. Check out the alternative ways YOU can get involved.
- Spread the word. Word of mouth is a powerful tool. As HopeBUILDERS grows, we need a broader support base, especially volunteers. Please invite friends to a workday or share our various volunteer opportunities with the communities or organizations you are a part of.
- Give financially. HopeBUILDERS depends on individual donations to keep our organization growing. Please consider donating to HopeBUILDERS so we can continue to increase our capacity to serve our clients. Any amount will make a difference in the lives of those who need our help. You can give safely and securely online, or by sending a check to: 11184 Antioch #324, Overland Park, KS 66210. Please make checks payable to HopeBUILDERS Home Repair, Inc.
- Provide lunch on a workday. We like to provide lunch for our volunteers as one small token of appreciation. If you would like an alternative way to help, please consider bringing lunch on our workdays. If you or someone you know would be interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Take on a support role. Do you have skills or expertise in certain areas that could be beneficial to what we do? Please consider getting involved in other support roles, such as ramp design, leading projects (both home repairs and ramps), database programming, event planning, etc. If you’re not completely comfortable doing this but are willing to try, we’ll provide the guidance and training.
- Help with our upcoming summer camps. This summer we will be partnering with Catholic Heart Workcamp and YouthWorks who bring high school-aged students to KC to work on various projects for our clients. We worked with Catholic Heart Workcamp last year; the youth painted or did projects at five houses and had a great time. These groups will be working with us one week in June, July and August and students will do various projects such as house painting, ramps or yard clean-up. We need volunteers who are willing to coordinate these projects, in addition to the adult leadership that come with these groups.
- Be active on social media. HopeBUILDERS is currently on the major social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. If you are on these platforms, please follow us! You can also help us grow our online presence by posting your own photos from workdays and tagging us.
- Provide marketing guidance. Do you or someone you know work in the communications/marketing field? Claudia Garcia, our Outreach and Communications Coordinator, is eager to make new contacts in this area. Please reach out to her if you can provide any assistance or helpful tips/advice (email@example.com).
- Form a weekday ramp/project crew. We are looking for volunteers who may be interested in forming a weekday ramp crew (6-8 people) to handle small ramp, railing or stair projects. We will need someone to lead the team.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information on how you can get involved in any of the ways listed above. We appreciate your continued support!