HopeBUILDERS provides qualified homeowners in the Kansas City area with accessibility solutions and critical home repairs.
Client Selection Criteria:
- Family must own and live in the home.
- House is located in Jackson County, MO or Wyandotte and Johnson County KS.
- Household must have limited financial resources for no-cost service. Financial documentation is required for all occupants over 18 years to complete Intake.
- Homeowners are 60 years and older, or have household member(s) that have physical disabilities.
Although not qualified under the above criteria, home renters that have family members with disabilities may be considered for an external accessibility ramp under the following conditions:
- Have lived at location where ramp is requested for three years or longer.
- Property owner (or management company) signs the HopeBUILDERS agreement waiver.
- Entire cost of ramp is paid by renter, owner, third party, or project-specific grant.
All work performed is done at HopeBUILDERS’ discretion based on available skilled volunteers. HopeBUILDERS does not respond to emergency requests. Note that all applicants being considered, even if qualified, are not guaranteed services.
HopeBUILDERS does not perform the following work:
- Whole house renovations
- Outbuildings/detached garages or fences
- Septic Tanks
- Mobile Homes