HopeBUILDERS is a collaborative housing repair group, made up of the volunteers of community groups and churches. We assist those in need in the Kansas City area with accessibility adaptations and home repairs. We believe that we can collectively do more together to help individuals and families to live in safety, comfort and dignity.
Project Selection Policy:
Outlined below is our policy for selecting projects. All work is at HopeBUILDERS’ discretion based on available skilled volunteers.
Note: HopeBUILDERS is not structured to handle emergency needs.
- Owner must own and live in the house being repaired.
- Owner must have limited personal or family financial resources.
- Owners are elderly (70 years and older) or have physically disabled family members needing help with accessibility modifications (particularly ramps).
- Prospective clients not meeting the above criteria may be accepted on a non-priority basis with no commitment that the requested work will be addressed.
- Extensive electrical
- Extensive plumbing
- Whole house renovations (newly added)