HopeBUILDERS is a collaborative housing repair group, made up of the volunteers of community groups and churches. We assist Kansas City area needy and elderly homeowners with their home repair or disability adaptation needs. We believe that we can collectively do more together to help needy individuals and families to live in safety, comfort and dignity.
Over the years, HopeBUILDERS has adopted project-selection policies based on experiences and to leverage available skills as listed below. All work is at HopeBUILDERS’ discretion, based on available skilled volunteers.
Note: HopeBUILDERS is not structured to handle emergency needs.
- Owner must own and live in the house being repaired.
- Owner must have limited personal or family financial resources.
- Owners are elderly (70 years and older) or have physically disabled family members needing help with accessibility modifications (particularly ramps).
- Prospective clients not meeting the above criteria may be accepted on a non-priority basis with no commitment that the requested work will be addressed.
- Extensive electrical
- Extensive plumbing
- Whole house renovations (newly added)